News on Mr T's Latest Comic Book Message Board
Home Articles Images  Forum Search Shopping TV Trivia Watch TV Wallpaper  How to build great abs!   Fitness

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 
TV Forums / Television Forum / Action & Drama / A-team / News on Mr T's Latest Comic Book

Posted:  17 May 2012 15:17
Mohawk Media
PRESS RELEASE
For immediate release: Thursday 17 May 2012
MR. T GOES FROM GOLD TO GREEN
Publisher Mohawk Media has launched its Mr. T series through its range of environmentally-friendly, paperless Eco Comics.
Mr. T joins other famous names at Eco Comics including Dracula, Robin Hood, Dick Turpin, and Tough Guy.
The Hollywood hard man, renowned for his image of Mohawk haircut, gold chains and catchphrases, previously appeared in print in the publisher’s graphic novels.
Editor Stuart Buckley says: "It was always our intention to release the Mr. T graphic novel as a comic book series. Each chapter was intentionally structured to be the same length as a comic book.
"However, we’ve had to adjust to market demands. The graphic novel has sold out. The digital titles of Eco Comics have no print run, and so will never sell out, meaning every T fan can order a copy. The added satisfaction is that the environment hasn’t suffered as a result of paper production.
"The clean cut art of JL Czerniawski makes this series a joy to behold in any format."
"This is great, and I am truly humbled," is how Mr. T describes becoming the star of a comic book in the foreword. And in the world exclusive interviews throughout the series, he goes further, including stating why he is an even tougher comic book hero than Wolverine.
Series writer Chris Bunting adds: "I’ve gone to great lengths to do things never attempted, such as making T as close to a super hero as possible while retaining his classic persona. After over twenty-five years of fame, this action icon finally gets a rogues' gallery, and even a new catchphrase. Old and new T fans can expect plenty of other surprises too.
"Plus the amazing formats offered by Eco Comics really help bring this classic character into the digital age."
The first five issues of Mr. T are available to order now in various digital formats via the Eco Comics store: www.mohawkmedia.co.uk/ecocomics The US dollar cover price is 0.99 for the first issue, and 1.95 for subsequent issues.

To order Mr. T issues #1-5: www.mohawkmedia.co.uk/ecocomics

Praise of Mr. T:

"This punchy comic book brings the larger than life character bang up-to-date and at the same time retains all his retro charm. Whether it's a trip down memory lane or an action packed adventure you're after, there's something here for any T fan."
– WRITING MAGAZINE.

"T is back, and he's tougher than ever. He's a pop culture icon, who has always strived to have a positive effect on people young and old, something you see coming through in this story. It's big, bright, colorful, with a good message and a lot of fun, just like Mr. T himself."
– BRANDON PETERSON, artist HULK; ULTIMATE X-MEN.

"Don't just buy this book! Don't just read this book! Don't just treasure this book! Take it wherever you go and keep it close to your heart. This comic would take a bullet for you, if it could!"
– JOHN LAYMAN, writer MARVEL ZOMBIES VS. ARMY OF DARKNESS; XENA; THUNDERCATS.

"The book just oozes fun and frequently had me grinning from ear to ear. All I can say is that I pity the fool who don’t buy this comic!"
– STEPHEN CROWTHER, comic book reviewer.

ABOUT MR. T:
Star of The A-Team, Rocky III, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has – for over quarter-of-a-century – been one of Hollywood’s most recognisable faces across the globe. His BBC series, World’s Craziest Fools, will return for a second season and is one of BBC3’s most watched shows on iPlayer. The first ever Mr. T graphic novel was released by Mohawk Media in 2008. He has also appeared in The Simpsons, Wrestlemania, and is a former bodyguard. In a case of art imitating life, the comic book Mr. T is the Greatest Bodyguard in the World.

ABOUT MOHAWK MEDIA:
Mohawk Media launched with the top-selling graphic novel adventures of Mr. T. It has recently released such titles as Dick Turpin, Dracula vs. Robin Hood vs. Jekyll & Hyde, and with a cover by art legend Herb Trimpe, Tough Guy. The publisher has also released its first super hero title, Heroic High. Further information: www.mohawkmedia.co.uk & www.facebook.com/MohawkMedia

ABOUT ECO COMICS:
A new range of paperless comic books designed with the specific purpose of having a minimal carbon footprint, making Mohawk Media probably the first publisher to take such a groundbreaking, affirmative approach. Eco Comics titles are also available via digital platforms Graphicly and MyDigitalComics. Further information: http://blog.mohawkmedia.co.uk/about-eco-comics/ & www.facebook.com/ecocomics

ABOUT THE WRITER & ARTISTS:
British writer Chris Bunting is becoming widely known for making literary and cultural giants accessible to a new generation, while simultaneously pleasing established fans. Such legendary names on his résumé include Action Man, Dick Turpin, Dracula, Robin Hood, Jekyll & Hyde, and of course, Mr. T.

Artist JL Czerniawski has worked on an eclectic range of titles in both the fantasy art and comic book industries. He has teamed up again with Mr. T writer Chris Bunting on Mohawk Media's new title, Dracula vs. Robin Hood vs. Jekyll & Hyde.

A-team store gallery trivia facts

Action Show products
Cartoon products

Comedy products

Cop Show products
Family show products

Holiday TV products

SCI-FI products

TV Western products

I Love Lucy - On the Road Again TV
I Love Lucy - Tin Sign
Buy This at Allposters.com